Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Started my class last night.....

Last night after work I started my basic machining classes out at the local community college.
Should be fun its something I have always wanted to learn to do. 
I have only had the experience of turning a few gear (ALS unit) parts at an old job a couple of years ago but enjoyed it. I swamped for a gin truck driver there but when we had a rain out I would be placed in the shop with the greybeard machinist, who used to school me on the wicked ways of hedonism, and that "everything is just bullshit", that the oilfield "isnt a business its ran like a mafia", and that "all new cuntry music singers are just wannabe rockabilly posers". At 6 everyday as we were shutting down he would say "and next time lesson 2" even if I had been working in there for a week straight but I always figured he was refering more to whatever social issue he was speaking on that day. Lots of good life stories to listen to.
I'm not sure what I enjoyed more, machining or listening to him.
But I'm looking to get out of the oilfield, still be able to pay my bills, and be able to create something.
Should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe after you learn more of that stuff you can teach me ;). Hope you like your class so far.

    ReplyDelete